Toxic to our pets... Chocolate

Posted: 23rd December 2019

Keep the Holiday Happy…

Toxicity to pets

NO amount of chocolate is safe for your cat to eat. Did you know that even the smallest piece of chocolate can make your feline companion very sick!

Why is chocolate toxic to pets?

Chocolate contains an ingredient called theobromine. This is poisonous to cats and is naturally found in the cacao beans used to make chocolate.

What are the symptoms of chocolate poisoning?

  • Vomiting
  • Diarrhoea
  • Restlessness
  • Rapid breathing
  • Muscle tension
  • Seizures
  • Increased heart rate

Cats can get into places that dogs can't, so make sure all your chocolate is put away.

If your pet happens to eat any amount of chocolate, please give us a call immediately!

 

Toxic to our pets... Chocolate

We Work With...

Copyright © Letchworth Vets 2020,All Rights Reserved

Company registered name: Independent Vetcare Ltd.

Registered Number 07746795. Registered address: The Chocolate Factory, Keynsham, Bristol, BS31 2AU.

Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority for credit-related regulated activities under reference number: FRN738010