The original surgery on this site was started by Esther Denham MRCVS and was one of the first solely small animal practices set up in the UK. The practice has been on the present site since the 1950’s.
Mrs. Denham sold the practice in the 1960’s and the practice then became known as Cartwright Green and Hislop, also owning the Roebuck practice in Stevenage. By this time the practice had grown to 8 vets.
In the early 1980’s the practice was split into two and Chris Hislop and Donald Gillon became owners of the now Letchworth Veterinary Centre. A large extension to modernise the practice facilities was built in 1982. In 1999 Chris Hislop retired and was replaced by Jeremy Lintott.