Chocolate: A Kitty Danger

Posted: 28th March 2018

NO amount of chocolate is safe for your cat to eat. Did you know that even the smallest piece of chocolate can make your feline companion very sick!

Why is chocolate toxic to pets?

Chocolate contains an ingredient called theobromine. This is poisonous to cats and is naturally found in the cacao beans used to make chocolate.

What are the symptoms of chocolate poisoning?

  • Vomiting
  • Diarrhoea
  • Restlessness
  • Rapid breathing
  • Muscle tension
  • Seizures
  • Increased heart rate

Cats can get into places that dogs can't, so make sure all your chocolate is put away.

If your pet happens to eat any amount of chocolate, please give us a call immediately!

Chocolate: A Kitty Danger

Find us

Letchworth Veterinary Centre Ltd
Norton Way North

Tel: 01462 685882

Fax: 01462 683871

Opening times

  • Monday: 8.00am - 7.30pm
  • Tuesday: 8.00am - 7.30pm
  • Wednesday: 8.00am - 7.30pm
  • Thurdsday: 8.00am - 7.30pm
  • Friday: 8.00am - 7.00pm
  • Saturday: 9.00am - 12.00pm

Out of hours emergencies: 01462 685882

Outside our normal opening hours, we provide an emergency service for our clients, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Please call the practice on the usual number and listen to the message which will provide you with the information necessary to contact the duty veterinary surgeon.

We Work With...

Copyright © Letchworth Vets 2019,
All Rights Reserved